Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Feral

Last October, I bought a new camera, an HP R817. 5.1 MP, 5x Optical Zoom, and probably the most important feature, manual overrides for exposure, ISO settings and shutter speed. This pic was taken on November 1, 2005 along the shore of a man-made pond behind my Markham office. I was out for a stroll, looking for something to shoot when along comes this cat. It sat and stared at me while I slowly took the camera out of my pocket, pointed it in the cat's general direction, but because the display was in B&W, I couldn't tell what I was pointing at. I just snapped one shot and voila! No alterations, no cropping, no fancy settings, just aim in the cat's direction and snap. A few seconds later, two people came out of the woods, and the cat took off.

(In case YOU can't see the cat, look toward the top, a little off to the left side.)

No comments: