Saturday, August 11, 2007

Oughta waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Boy what a vacation! Three days in the nation's capital full of gettingstuckinanelevatorwith15mexicankidsforanhour, identity theft, and STILL an utter and complete lack of Record Runner (my personal disappointment). Despite all that, we managed to have a lovely time, and I managed to snap a few shots.

En route, we stopped in Westport, which frankly seems to be a sort of Niagara-on-the-Lake for white people without much money. Which of course, suited me just fine. Some of what I saw included...







Once we made it to Ottawa, we noticed that it was being overrun by a massive spider.

Well OK, it wasn't exactly running anywhere, but it did look kinda spooky.

Then I found that the Bridgehead coffee house in Lowertown was being attacked by cats.

And of course, you can't forget the influx of 21st century yuppies to the Market area. I'm sure the fumes from the STO buses will make for sound sleeps.

Of course, some housing is somewhat puzzling.


Oh, Hi there.

Ahh....back to the hotel. I tell ya, the Quality Hotel on Rideau just oozes quality. If by 'quality' I mean lousy service, useless staff and elevators that just refuse to elevate.

No comments: