Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hood Ornaments

Ford Model "A"


Dodge Pickup Truck

Chevrolet Impala

Dodge Super Bee (along with your photographer)

Mercury Truck

"My" 1968 Triumph TR6

Dodge Brothers Pickup

Studebaker

Pontiac

Pontiac

Mustang Cobra

Imperial

Chev Bel-Air
Ford Fairlane

Of course, a true car nut would have taken the proper time to write down the year, ask questions of the owners, etc, but that's not me. The designs were fascinating, the selection was overwhelming, but the time was limited.

These were some of the finer examples of hood ornamentation at the Last Chance Car Show and Swap Meet in Welland, Ontario on September 29, 2010.

1 comment:

rabbit said...

Ford Models A's were way before my time, if you can believe that.
The Dodge pickup truck is a 1948.
I'm not a Chev expert, but the hood puts it in the 40s.
The Super B is totally you, Blair.
The Mercury truck has gotta be from the 30s or 40s.
Your '68 Triumph TR6, Priceless!
Good going getting the Dodge Brothers pickup logo; 30s?
The Studebaker hood ornament is from a Lark, in the 60s. My grandfather had a Lark; I still have one of those hood ornaments snookered away.
The Pontiac is likely mid 50s, maybe a 54? Then another Pontiac .. you're just trying to confuse me. The second on is later than the first.
Mustang Cobra: I haven't a clue: was never an expert on the muscle cars. Cute logo, though.
Chrysler Imperial, now you're talking. 1954. Good one. Did you get the grille too?
Chev Bel-Air, maybe 1956?
Don't know what year the Ford Fairlane may be. So you got me on that one.
We saw a bunch of old cars coming north on 6 on Sunday Sep 26. coming back from the show?